Atlanta Mommy Makeover
Pregnancy is an exciting time in a woman’s life and, while the end result is definitely worth it, bearing children can wreak havoc on the figure. Many of my patients tell me that motherhood has left them with excess skin on the abdomen that sit-ups and crunches won’t tighten. They often also report that pregnancy and/or breastfeeding have left their breasts deflated.
While proper diet and exercise are necessary to lose the “baby weight,” no amount of weight loss will repair separated abdominal muscles (causing the dreaded “pooch”), remove extra skin, elevate sagging breasts to their original position or add fullness to the breasts.
The Mommy makeover involves combining plastic surgical procedures to restore a youthful figure. Most of my Mommy Makeover patients are interested in a tummy tuck. Abdominoplasty allows me to tighten the abdominal muscles and remove excess skin on the tummy. Many women are seeking breast enhancement as well – lift, augmentation or both. I can also offer liposuction to remove those stubborn fat stores that don’t respond well to diet and exercise. Some of my patients have even opted to utilize that fat to round out their bottoms (fat grafting to the butt, also called the Brazilian Butt Lift).
How do I get more information about a Mommy Makeover in Atlanta?
Call (678-205-8400) or e-mail my office today. One of my patient coordinators would love to talk to you about the procedures I can offer. I do provide complimentary consultations by telephone or in person. We have several financing options available as well. I am looking forward to talking to you about your goals and your options for recovering your pre-baby body!
Preparing for your Mommy Makeover:
- On the day of your surgery, you will need to bring someone with you who can drive you home. This is because you will be given a general anesthetic to make you fall asleep, and you will still feel sleepy after the procedure.
- You will probably need some help at home for the first few days following your Mommy Makeover.
- If you are a smoker, you will be asked to stop smoking for at least one month prior to your Mommy Makeover and for at least one month after surgery. This is because smoking makes anesthesia more risky and gets in the way of the healing process.
Recovering from a Mommy Makeover:
- Dressings will be placed on your incisions, and you may have to wear an elastic bandage for a short time.
- A tube (drain) may also be placed under the skin for a few days to catch any fluid or blood drainage.
- Your stitches are absorbable and will not have to be removed..
- You will experience some swelling, bruising, and pain during the week following your Mommy Makeover. This pain is easily managed with prescription medications.
- You will be given instructions about positioning yourself during sleep based on which procedures you select for your Mommy Makeover.
- You can generally return to your normal activities within two weeks.
- You should be able to exercise in about six weeks but check with Dr. Jimerson first.
- Results of a breast lift are seen immediately, but due to the swelling, you may not be able to see the full results of all your surgery right away. Be patient – you will be able to see a flatter stomach after a week or two, and your appearance will gradually improve even more over a period of months. I always assure my liposuction patients that they will improve gradually over several months.
- You will have some scarring as a result of the incisions, particularly with a full tummy tuck, and these may get worse before they get better. They will lighten and become smooth within a few months, however, and they can be hidden under clothing. Dr. Jimerson can prescribe a scar lightener to help minimize scarring.
- If you have traveled to Atlanta from out of town, plan on staying for several days after surgery and returning in about two weeks for your post-op appointment. Dr. Jimerson likes to remove drains before you head back home.