Breast Reduction Atlanta
Are you considering a breast reduction in Atlanta?
When you look in the mirror, are you unhappy with the shape and size of your breasts? Do you suffer from back, neck, and shoulder pain from your heavy breasts or feel that they are out of proportion with the rest of your body? Are you frustrated that you constantly have to pass over the strapless and spaghetti strap tops and dresses? If you have been living with breasts that are too large, please call Dr. Jimerson so that he can decide if a breast reduction (also called reduction mammaplasty) is right for you. A breast reduction can relieve the pain that you have felt for years and help your clothes to fit much better.
One of the benefits of breast reduction is that you also get a breast lift at the same time. Some women also decide to have a tummy tuck and/or liposuction concurrent with their breast reduction for a full body makeover. Dr. Jimerson is well-qualified to perform all of these procedures. Take a look at the before and after breast reduction pictures on this page to see what can be accomplished by this state-of-the-art cosmetic surgeon.
Please give us a call at 678-205-8400 to ask any questions that you may have. If you aren’t quite ready for that and want to continue to learn more, follow us on Facebook or Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter.
Am I a good Candidate?
If you suffer from back, neck and shoulder pain due to the weight of your breasts, then you are mostly likely a candidate for a breast reduction. During the consultation, Dr. Jimerson will examine your breasts thoroughly, checking for any lumps. He will then interview you and gather information that can then be submitted to your insurance company. The progression of your symptoms and any intervention you have tried, to alleviate your symptoms will be noted, and any supporting documents from your doctors will be helpful to bring with you to your consultation.
How will you look and feel after your breast reduction?
Your breasts will be smaller and your body will be more in proportion. Your clothes will fit better, and the pull of weight on your back, shoulders, and neck will finally be relieved.
Although the initial result is dramatic, you will continue to notice gradual improvement in the size and shape of your breasts for a few months after your surgery as the swelling goes down slowly.
How is a Breast reduction performed
During your breast reduction Dr. Jimerson make an incision around your areola (the pigmented skin around the nipple) and another vertical incision to the breast crease. This is referred to as a vertical breast reduction. The vertical breast reduction is a special technique designed by one of the worlds leading plastic surgeons in the field of breast reduction. This procedure allows Dr. Jimerson to create the size and shape breasts you are looking for, while completely eliminating the incision under the breasts.
Sometimes a third incision is needed. This is called an inverted-T wise pattern breast reduction. During our initial consultation Dr. Jimerson will discuss which surgical technique is appropriate for you.
To schedule your initial appointment at Advanced Plastic Surgery Solutions, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia or for answers to your questions:
Don’t wait! Call us now at 678-205-8400
Preparing for your breast reduction:
- Breast reduction is performed under general anesthesia.
- Most patients go home the same day, but you must bring someone with you to drive you home, as you will still feel sleepy after your procedure.
- It is not safe to operate on you if you are a smoker. Dr. Jimerson insists that breast reduction patients stop smoking for at least one month before and one month after surgery. Smoking puts you at risk of a reaction to the anesthesia and hinders your healing after breast implants.
- If you’re pregnant, you should wait until about six months after pregnancy and nursing before you have your breast reduction so that your breasts have time to return to the size they’re going to stay after your pregnancy (which may or may not be the exact same size as before your pregnancy.)
After your breast reduction surgery:
- You will need to wear a bra around the clock for the first 2 weeks following your breast reduction.
- You should expect some mild to moderate pain during the first week, as well as some swelling and bruising. This is easily controlled with prescription pain medication.
- You can resume normal daily activities in about 2 weeks.
- You can begin to exercise again in 4-6 weeks.
Your new look:
- You will have smaller, lighter breasts that are in proportion to the rest of your body.
- Your clothes will fit much better.
- You may also decide to have a tummy tuck and/or liposuction for full body contouring.
Contact our office today at 678-205-8400 to find out how a breast reduction in Atlanta can give you newfound freedom to wear the clothes you want and end your suffering from back pain!