Do you hesitate to look in the mirror because you feel you have aged? Are you tired of people asking you if you’re tired? Do you feel younger than you look? Unfortunately, we live in a society that is obsessed with youth. That makes it hard for all of us when the signs of aging start to show up on our faces. A facelift can take years off of your appearance and make you look and feel younger. If you want to restore your youth and gain a new lease on life, Dr. Andrew Jimerson can help you.
Dr. Jimerson is a well-known expert cosmetic surgeon in Atlanta who performs surgical and non surgical face lifts every week. As a board certified plastic surgeon and the Division Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, he has developed techniques that are minimally invasive. In fact, depending on your needs, you may not require surgery at all.
People from all over the country travel to Atlanta to work with Dr. Jimerson. He is able to perform facelifts under local anesthesia, which reduces your risks and makes your recovery time shorter. Some people aren’t candidates for a facelift under general anesthesia but can qualify for a facelift under a local anesthetic. Plus, the cost of a facelift in Atlanta is frequently lower than the cost elsewhere in the U.S. Dr. Jimerson also performs other procedures at the same time as a facelift, such as a midface lift, neck lift, eyelid lift, or liposuction of the neck and face for a full facial makeover.
We invite you to review this page, Dr. Jimerson’s credentials, and our before and after photo gallery. If you have questions, please don’t hesitate to ask. If you’re still researching and want to follow along quietly at first, join our Facebook or Twitter page, and don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter. You can also call us at 678-205-8400. We would be happy to hear from you.
How will you look after your face lift?
A face lift can eliminate or reduce jowls, sagging cheeks, and those lines that sometimes form from the nose to the mouth (“nasolabial folds”). After your procedure, you will look younger and fresher. The best part is that the results of your face lift can last 15 years or longer.
;Will your friends notice? Chances are, they’ll just notice that you look better rested, healthier, and more attractive. The full results of a mini facelift or full facelift don’t show up for a few months, but this just makes it even more difficult for your friends and family to notice that you have had cosmetic surgery.
What are the different types of facelifts?
Liquid Facelift – This minimally invasive procedure involves no surgery at all and no anesthesia. Within 30 minutes, you can go home without the need to bring someone to the office with you. Dr. Jimerson uses injected fillers, such as Radiesse and Juvéderm to augment the face, cheeks, and lips and to soften the nasolabial folds. Botox may also be used in the forehead to reduce wrinkles, and laser resurfacing may be performed to smooth out more wrinkles.
Liquid facelifts are best for people in their 30s and 40s, and results last for about 6 months. (Botox results last about 3 months.) You may experience a little bit of bruising or swelling for a couple of days. Otherwise, all you have to do is make sure you wear sunblock when outside because the fillers will make your skin more susceptible to sunburn.
Mini Facelift – This procedure is for people who have just begun to see jowls on their face and a little bit of wrinkling in the neck. It takes less than an hour and is performed under a local anesthetic. You will be given a mild sedative which means that you have to bring someone with you to drive you home.
- Recovery from a mini facelift is only about a week.
- Your stitches are removed in 10-14 days.
- There is usually a bit of bruising and swelling, and you may have some sensations of numbness and tightness in your face.
- You can take pain medication, if necessary, and use ice packs to ease any discomfort and bring the swelling down.
- You will wear dressings for about a week that need to be changed every couple of days.
- You may be given scar ointment and sunblock to use for a period of time.
- You’ll be asked to avoid showering for a couple of days.
- You will need to sleep upright in a chair for a few days.
- You may feel better eating a liquid diet for the first day or two since chewing may be uncomfortable.
- You can return to work within a week and continue your normal activities soon without much interruption.
- If you’re traveling from out of town, you will need to stay in town for at least a couple of days after your procedure and return 10-14 days later so that Dr. Jimerson can remove your stitches.
Full Facelift – This more extensive procedure is usually for people in their 50s or older who have sagging and wrinkling of the skin of the lower face and neck. A neck lift, eyelid lift (blepharoplasty), midface lift, or liposuction of the neck and face may be done concurrently with a full facelift to make every part of your face and neck look younger. Fat grafting can also be done to add fullness to the cheeks and the nasolabial folds from your nose to your mouth.
Dr. Jimerson reduces your surgery risks and keeps your recovery time minimal by using just a local anesthetic, but if you prefer, he can use a general anesthetic. Either way, you must bring someone with you to drive you home because you will feel sleepy after your procedure.
- You will need to take about 2 weeks off from work.
- There is considerable bruising and swelling after a full facelift, as well as some numbness and tightness.
- You will be given a prescription for pain medication, and you can use ice packs to reduce the swelling and ease the discomfort.
- Sometimes, fluids will drain for about 24 hours through tubes that are placed in your ear area.
- Dressings will be applied for a couple of weeks to the incision areas. These need to be changed every couple of days.
- You will be advised to eat a liquid diet for a few days and to avoid showering for at least 2 days.
- Dr. Jimerson will remove your stitches 10-14 days after your procedure.
- If you’re from out of town, you need to stay in Atlanta for at least 2 days and make arrangements to see Dr. Jimerson within about 2 weeks for the removal of stitches.
- You can return to normal activity after about 8 weeks.
- You will need to sleep upright in a chair for a while after your surgery.
- Your skin will be prone to sunburn for about 6 months.
[Why Choose Dr. Jimerson? section]
Are you ready to look years younger? Call or e-mail us today.
What should you expect during your facelift consultation?
Dr. Jimerson will meet with you to discuss your goals for your face and how you would like to look. The two of you will talk about the best options for you – a liquid facelift, mini facelift, or full facelift. He will examine your face thoroughly, checking your muscle tone and sagging skin areas, and will go over your medical history with you. He will then explain to you what he will do during your facelift, where the incisions will be made (if you’re getting a mini or full facelift), and he will take photographs of your face.
If you are to have a liquid facelift, you can have the procedure on the same day as your consultation. Sometimes, a mini facelift or full facelift can be done the same day, but often, we make an appointment for another day. If you smoke, for example, you will need to stop smoking for at least one month prior to your facelift.
Can you have a phone/virtual consultation?
Dr. Jimerson can discuss possibilities with you based on photographs of your face, but he will need to perform an in-person consultation before he can perform a facelift for you.
To schedule your initial cosmetic surgery consultation at Advanced Plastic Surgery Solutions, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia or to ask questions:
Call us now at 678-205-8400