Eyelid Surgery Atlanta
GET THE BEAUTIFUL EYES YOU’VE ALWAYS WANTED WITH ALMOST NO DOWN TIME!
- Are you considering eyelid surgery in Atlanta?
- Are your upper eyelids droopy or puffy, making you look older than you are?
- Do you have bags under your eyes that make you look tired?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, eyelid surgery in Atlanta (also called blepharoplasty or an eyelid lift) can make you look years younger. And the results are usually so natural that no one will know you had a cosmetic procedure! Dr. Andrew Jimerson is one of a small number of surgeons who can perform a blepharoplasty under a local anesthetic, which decreases your risks and lets you get back into your life faster! If general anesthesia isn’t an option for you, this allows you to finally have an eyelid lift.
Blepharoplasty is one of the most common plastic surgeries performed around the world, and Dr. Andrew Jimerson performs this procedure weekly. As a board certified plastic surgeon and the Division Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, he has expertise with both upper eyelid surgery and lower eyelid surgery. Many surgeons don’t perform lower eyelid blepharoplasty because it is an intricate procedure.
For all of these reasons, people from all around the country come to Atlanta to see Dr. Jimerson at his state-of-the-art facility. The cost in Atlanta is also often less than in other parts of the country, so these patients know that with Dr. Jimerson, they can get the best possible care at an affordable price with the least amount of downtime and risk.
Review this page and Dr. Jimerson’s before and after eyelid surgery pictures to see what he can accomplish for you and how he can help you to look younger and more attractive. Our main goal is always to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and look the best you possibly can. If you have questions, please feel free to ask through email or phone at 678-205-8400. If you’re still researching and want to follow along quietly, please join our Facebook and Twitter page, and subscribe to our newsletter.
How will you look after your eyelid surgery?
Depending on what needs to be corrected, your eyes will look larger and brighter, and any excess skin and/or fat will have been removed. Changing the look of your eyes can make your entire face look younger, taking years off your appearance.
What are the types of blepharoplasty?
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty – This procedure can remove the excess skin of your upper lids, making your eyes look larger and brighter. The incision can be made in the crease of your upper eyelid so that no one will ever see the tiny scar. Any excess skin or fat is removed, and the eyebrow may also be repositioned to give you the best possible look. Dr. Jimerson is especially trained to make sure that your eyes match after your surgery.
Lower eyelid blepharoplasty – This procedure can remove bags under your eyes, helping you to look younger and more rested. The incision is usually made either just below the lashes or inside the lower eyelid. Either way, the small scar is rarely visible.
What can you expect during an eyelid surgery consultation in Atlanta?
Dr. Jimerson will meet with you to discuss your goals for your eyes and what results you can expect. He will also ask you about your medical history, including any previous surgeries, as well as any medications that you take.
He will examine your eyes thoroughly, checking for conditions such as dry eye syndrome, vision problems, and thyroid problems. It’s important to tell him about any eye conditions or surgeries you’ve had, such as cataracts or LASIK. He will then explain to you what he will do during your blepharoplasty and will take a photograph of your eyes.
Can you have a phone/virtual consultation?
Yes, you may send Dr. Jimerson photographs of your eyes for a preliminary evaluation, but he must examine you in person before you can proceed with surgery.
If you’re ready for the youthful eyes of your younger days, please call or e-mail our office today to discuss your eyelid surgery.
To schedule your initial cosmetic surgery consultation at Advanced Plastic Surgery Solutions, LLC in Atlanta, Georgia or to ask any questions you may have:
Call us now at 678-205-8400
Preparing for your eyelid surgery:
- Dr. Jimerson is one of the few surgeons who can perform this procedure under a local anesthetic, which reduces the risks from general anesthesia and allows people who cannot be given a general anesthetic to have this surgery. If you prefer a general anesthetic, however, Dr. Jimerson can oblige.
- The day of your surgery, you will need to bring someone with you who can drive you home. This is because your eyes will be a bit too puffy for you to drive safely.
- You may be asked to stop smoking for one month prior and one month after your procedure.
After your eyelid surgery:
- You will experience some puffiness and bruising for about two weeks.
- Most people take about two weeks off from work, after which you can cover any remaining bruises with mineral makeup.
- Dr. Jimerson will give you a prescription for pain medication so that you can manage any post-procedure discomfort.
- You may be asked to sleep sitting up for a few nights to keep the swelling down. Ice packs can help as well.
- You will be given eye drops and/or an ointment to put in your eyes for a week or two.
- Stitches are removed after about two weeks, but sometimes, dissolvable sutures can be used.
- If you have traveled from out of town, count on staying in Atlanta for at least a couple of days and returning for a post-surgical visit within two weeks.
Contact our office today at 678-205-8400 to find out how eyelid surgery in Atlanta can give you the beautiful eyes you want and make you look years younger!