Ear Surgery Atlanta
Are you considering ear surgery in Atlanta?
- Are your ears disfigured or misshapen?
- Do your ears protrude from your head?
- Is the size of your ears out of proportion to the rest of your head?
- Do your ears fail to match in size or shape?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, ear surgery in Atlanta could bring you a new lease on life. An ear disfigurement that causes people to stare at you or make fun of you can be devastating and make you want to stay behind closed doors. Luckily, most people in this situation do not have to live with it. Ear surgery can be a kind of salvation.
But ear surgery is a specialized cosmetic procedure, and not all plastic surgeons perform it. Dr. Jimerson has performed numerous successful ear surgeries and helped men, women, and children live a normal life. As a board certified plastic surgeon and the Division Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, Dr. Jimerson attracts patients from all over the country who want to take advantage of his expertise and save money on the high cost of procedures in other states.
Dr. Jimerson is sensitive to how important this surgery is to you and that you must choose a cosmetic surgeon carefully. His main goal is always to help you achieve your aesthetic goals and look the best you possibly can. Please review the before and after gallery of ear surgery pictures on this page, and call us at 678-205-8400 with any questions you may have. You can also follow us on Facebook and Twitter and subscribe to our newsletter to get additional information about our practice. Wherever you are in the decision-making process, we’re here to help.
What are the benefits of ear surgery?
Also called otoplasty, ear surgery can correct defective ear structure. It can alter the size of the ear(s), the shape, and their position on the head so that they look normal, whether the problem was created by an injury or a birth defect. Dr. Jimerson can make these changes whether you need major alterations or minor ones to create more balance and symmetry.
In children, the ear cartilage must stabilize before surgery can be performed safely and successfully. This usually means that the child must be at least five years old.
What happens during ear surgery?
Ear surgery is customized to correct your specific issues, so no two surgeries are the same. Incisions are usually on the back of the ear where any scarring will not be seen. The stitches are sometimes left in permanently to hold the newly shaped ear cartilage in place. Dr. Jimerson’s techniques are very advanced and state-of-the-art, so your ears will look very natural.
What can you expect during an ear surgery consultation in Atlanta?
Dr. Jimerson will meet with you to discuss your goals for your ears and what results you can expect. He will ask you about your medical history, including any previous surgeries and medications that you take, and he will examine your ears thoroughly, checking for cartilage abnormalities. He will then explain to you what he will do during your ear surgery and will take photographs of your ears.
Can you have a phone/virtual consultation?
Yes, you can send photographs of your ears to Dr. Jimerson via email, and he can give you some preliminary advice from these images. But an in-person examination is necessary before he can perform the surgery.
If you’re ready to correct ear abnormalities and restore a normal appearance, please call or e-mail our office today to discuss your asotoplasty in Atlanta.
Preparing for your ear surgery:
- Your ear surgery requires the use of a general anesthetic to put you to sleep during the procedure.
- In most cases, you can go home the same day, but you will feel too drowsy to drive. So, please bring someone with you on the day of your procedure.
- You must not smoke for one month before and one month after your surgery because it increases the risks of the anesthesia and gets in the way of your healing process.
After your ear surgery:
- You will have some swelling and bruising for a period of time. This varies from patient to patient.
- You can expect to feel some pain for a week or two, but Dr. Jimerson will give you a pain medication prescription to relieve your discomfort.
- Bandages will be applied to your ears, and you may experience some itching. You must leave the bandages on, however, in order for your ears to stay in place during the healing process.
- You can return to work and normal activities as soon as you feel comfortable, but if you have short hair, you may want to wait until the bruising has fully healed.
- It’s important to avoid any activity that could cause the ears to be bent, and you should avoid hair dryers and ear phones for a short period of time.
- If you have come to Atlanta from out of town for your surgery, you need to arrange to stay for a few days afterward so that Dr. Jimerson can examine you post-surgery.
- Check with Dr. Jimerson before you begin exercising again to make sure it’s safe for you.
Your new look:
- You will have normal sized, normal shaped ears that are in proportion to your head and are symmetrical with one another.
- You will be able to see the results almost immediately, although the initial swelling may prevent you from seeing the full results right away.
Contact our office today at 678-205-8400 to find out how ear surgery in Atlanta can allow you to finally live a normal life!