Arm Lift Atlanta
Are you considering an arm lift in Atlanta?
- Are you too embarrassed about how your arms look to wear bathing suits and sleeveless clothes?
- Have your upper arms begun to sag and droop with excess skin?
- Do you lift weights until you’re sore only to find that your upper arms aren’t any tighter?
Sometimes, sagging upper arms develop even in younger people who have experienced significant weight loss or as a result of unfortunate genetics. You can exercise and exercise, but you can’t tighten this excess skin. You can only tighten the muscles of your arms. So, where does that leave you?
Luckily, experienced cosmetic surgeons like Dr. Andrew Jimerson can perform a surgical procedure called an arm lift in Atlanta (also called brachioplasty) that eliminates the excess skin and reshapes your upper arms so that they look toned and youthful again. Dr. Jimerson has done countless arm lifts for Atlanta residents and people who travel from all over the country to take advantage of his expertise. His brachioplasty procedures have helped many men and women feel and look both younger and better. Some even walk outdoors in the summer wearing a tank top again!
As a board certified plastic surgeon and the Division Chief of Plastic Surgery at Emory Johns Creek Hospital, you can count on Dr. Jimerson’s knowledge and experience. Take a look at his before and after arm lift pictures, and consider the convenience of getting other procedures at the same time like many patients. Options include a tummy tuck and liposuction for a full body makeover.
Please review this page, Dr. Jimerson’s credentials, and his gallery of results. If you have questions, give us a call at 678-205-8400. You can also choose to simply research and follow along quietly by joining our Facebook and Twitter pages and subscribing to our newsletter. Whatever your preference, we would be happy to hear from you and answer your questions.
How will you look after your arm lift?
The excess skin of your upper arms will be removed, and your upper arms will be reshaped from the underarm to the elbow. Your arm will look leaner, and the skin will be tighter.
You will be able to see results right away, but you won’t see the final result from your surgery until the normal post-surgical swelling has subsided.
Best of all, the results of arm lift surgery last a long time, especially if you exercise regularly and try to keep your weight steady. Even if you experience a bit more loose skin when you reach an advanced age, you will never go back to the way you were before.
What is an arm lift?
An arm lift is a surgical procedure to remove loose skin under the upper arm. It does leave a scar on the inside of the upper arm, but this is not readily seen and will fade over time. The incision needs to be as long as the excess skin in order to achieve the best results. The tissue is then tightened and reshaped.
If you have excess fat in the upper arm, too, that can be removed during your procedure with liposuction.
What can you expect during an arm lift consultation in Atlanta?
Dr. Jimerson will meet with you to discuss your goals for your arms and will advise you as to what you can expect. He will also examine your upper body and will ask you about your medical history, including any previous surgeries and any medications you take.
Can you have a phone/virtual consultation?
Yes, Dr. Jimerson can provide you with recommendations based on photographs of your arms that you email to him. An in-person examination will have to be conducted prior to your procedure, but you can decide whether to proceed based on your phone and email communications with him.
If you are ready to have firm upper arms again, please call or e-mail our office today to discuss your arm lift in Atlanta.
Time involved, anesthesia, recovery time and other things involved in an arm lift:
- An arm lift is performed under general anesthesia.
- Most patients go home the same day, but someone must be at the office with you to drive you home because the anesthesia will leave you feeling sleepy.
- If you smoke, you will be asked to stop for at least one month prior to surgery and one month after surgery. Smoking makes it more difficult for you to heal, and the anesthetic is more risky if you smoke.
After your brachioplasty in Atlanta:
- You will have to wear dressings on your incisions that you will need to change periodically.
- Your upper arms will be wrapped in a compression bandage for a short period of time to keep the swelling down.
- You may also have a tube inserted under your arms for a couple of days to catch any blood and fluid as it drains.
- You will experience some bruising, swelling, and mild to moderate pain for at least a few days up to a couple of weeks. Dr. Jimerson will give you a prescription for pain medication so that you can manage your discomfort.
- If regular sutures are used rather than absorbable sutures, Dr. Jimerson will remove them within 7-14 days after your procedure.
- If you’re in Atlanta from out of town, you must arrange to stay for at least a couple of days and return for the suture-removing visit.
- Most patients can go back to work and resume normal activities within a couple of weeks.
- You should be able to exercise again within a couple of months, but double check with Dr. Jimerson before you start an exercise program.
Your new look:
- You will have tighter, reshaped upper arms without the excess skin and fat that you had before.
- Many people combine their arm lift with other cosmetic procedures such as a tummy tuck and/or liposuction for full body contouring.
Contact our office today at 678-205-8400 to find out how an arm lift in Atlanta can give you back the confidence to bare your arms in summer!